Sifu John Morrow

Sifu John Morrow

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 42 Conspicous Consumption

Up at 6:15 a.m. 6 1/2 hours of sleep. weight - 165 lbs. 6:20 a.m. drank 15 oz. Naked brand juice smoothie. Feeling good today even though I didn't sleep much. My left shoulder feels kind of weak and hard to raise up, but it will be fine. I'm not particularly hungry or even looking forward to eating today. However I'm expected to join the eating world again so I will. I will hate to see the fast end. Just like I hate to see eating end when I start the fast. Kind of strange. 10:00 - 12:05 p.m. - went to church. 1:00 p.m. Went to Gramma's Kitchen to eat my first meal in six weeks. They had a brunch buffet so I had a good choice of foods. If you're going to break a fast in a place like this, here's how you do it. I started with half a plate of fruit. It was watermelon, pineapple and cantaloupe cut in little pieces. Next, I had a salad with lettuce, broccoli, ranch dressing, sunflower seeds and croutons. After that, about two eggs, scrambled and a biscuit with sausage gravy. Finally, a small pastry. I had orange juice and coffee with the meal. I ate very slowly and enjoyed the food. I was satisfied but not full or uncomfortable. 6:00 p.m. - It seemed to me like we had just eaten, but my wife and daughter wanted to go out for dinner. I had a tostada, chips and salsa with a root beer. A small but enjoyable meal. I feel fine although it still a little strange to be eating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment