Sifu John Morrow

Sifu John Morrow

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 41 The Big Day - Push Ups for Peace, Part 1

Up at 7:15 - 8 1/2 hours of sleep. weight - 165 lbs. Feeling good so far. Today is the big day, the last day of Fastivus (a 41 day personal holiday season of fasting), Push ups for Peace(a unique charity event) and the final episode of Fast in the Life Lane, the documentary. I know my mind is ready. I just hope my body is ready especially my shoulder. 7:30 a.m. - iced down shoulder for 20 minutes. 7:35 a.m. - drank 16 oz. branched-chain amino acid drink. 7:40 a.m. - took hot bath. 8:40 a.m. - light martial art work out with 72 year old black belt student. 10:00 a.m. - taught kid's class. 11:00 a.m. - taught another kid's class at arsenal. 12:15 p.m. - drank another 16 oz. branched-chain amino acid drink. 12:30 - 1:40 p.m. - sipped on 12 oz. coffee w/ 2 packs of Power Bar liquid gels. 1:00 p.m. - Went up to Lujacks and picked up a 2012 Camaro. We used it in a scene where I am driving up in a fast car for the event. Kind of a fun mocumentary angle thrown in to this mostly serious film. 2:00 p.m. - started final preparations for the attempt - my mat, towel, drinks, chart and marker. We had to get the cameras set in the front and side view for Guinness to review later. I did the pre-event interviews and checked with the emcee. It was 3:00 and time to begin. I opened up a can of Guru energy drink took my place and prepared my mind for the next hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment